This is our vision...
Navajo Power is a Public Benefit Corporation that develops utility-scale clean energy projects on tribal lands, and maximizes the economic benefits for local communities.
The Phase I mission is to cultivate an economic upgrade from coal to renewables for Navajo through developing gigawatts (GWs) of solar and storage projects as the imminent closure of local coal plants accelerates. In Phase II, we will expand our model with Navajo, and deploy a replication strategy with tribes in the Southwest and beyond.
Brad Shields: England forward faces Rugby World Cup fitness race modalert 200 How to get fit in 2014: A-Z of the best new fitness and wellbeing trends – Telegraph
39 GW worth of coal-fired power plants operate in the Western U.S., in addition to 106 GW of natural gas. We must transition to 100% clean energy for all ASAP.
- A Game Changer for Indian Country | September 9, 2022
- Navajo Power Accepted Into Second Apple Impact Accelerator Class | Apple, Impact Accelerator Team "Sixteen Black-, Hispanic/Latinx-, and Indigenous-owned green technology and clean energy businesses are joining Apple’s second Impact Accelerator..." Apple Newsroom, 25 August 2022 Published, https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/08/apple-propels-environmental-business- | August 31, 2022
- Thank you to our Frontline Workers | June 21, 2022
- Navajo Power’s Brett Isaac Named to Annual Grist 50 | March 24, 2022
- Navajo Power Conducting In-Person Workshop on Solar Energy | March 17, 2022
- Navajo Power receives PRI from WKKF | January 25, 2022
- A Look Back, and Looking Ahead to a Brighter Future | January 11, 2022
- Navajo Power Energy Roundtable Brings Renewable Energy Experts Together for Free Webinar Scheduled April 22-23 | April 19, 2021
- National Inter-Tribal Energy Council Launches as the Official Trade Association Committed to Tribal Energy Business and Development | January 1, 2021
- Clara Pratte Wins 2020 Pritzker Award | December 18, 2020
Navajo Power to Present on Solar at December Torres Martinez Fiesta
Flagstaff, AZ, December 09, 2021 –(PR.com)– Navajo Power, a majority Native-owned Public Benefit Corporation that develops utility-scale solar and energy storage projects in partnership with Tribes, announced it will participate in the Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla Indians Fiesta to be held on December 11, 2021 in Thermal, CA.
Navajo Power Nears Completion on $10 Million Fundraising Round
Flagstaff, AZ, November 17, 2021 –(PR.com)– Navajo Power, a majority Native-owned Public Benefit Corporation that develops utility-scale clean energy projects on Tribal lands, announced it has secured a $3 million program-related investment (PRI) from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation (WKKF). This investment contributes to the $9.5 million currently raised for an Impact Loan Facility that will be used to further Navajo Power’s mission to develop more than $3 billion of clean energy infrastructure in Tribal communities by 2030.
A Conversation with Navajo Power on Leading the Transition to Renewable Energy in Tribal Communities
In 2018, a group of Native entrepreneurs founded Navajo Power, a Public Benefit Corporation that develops utility-scale clean energy projects on tribal lands. Navajo Power is organized around the company’s core principles, which include a mission to maximize the community benefits of its projects, democratize clean energy for all, and weave respect and cultural competency into every aspect of the development process.