Navajo Power is a Public Benefit Corporation. We realize this commitment in many ways, including…
- Mission and business model to maximize economic benefits for our community partners
- Culturally-appropriate technical assistance provided to community partners on energy and economic development
- Majority Native ownership
- 10% of company ownership held in a “Turquoise Share” that must go to funding community benefits in the event of a company sale
- Executive compensation capped at 5-to-1 the lowest paid employee. For comparison, CEOs of American corporations with over $1B of revenue have an average 70-to-1 ratio in cash compensation, with many going over 300-to-1.
- Minimum of 80% of profits reinvested in new projects and community benefits
- Financial mechanisms obligating company to invest into off grid solar as part of our company’s financing